Thursday 14 December 2017


Dear Leo,

Last night after supper I gave Milo your old dagger. I promised him that I'd show him how to sharpen it in the morning. I think he was happy, but it's kind of hard to tell. He keeps trying to push me away, to demonstrate his loathing of me. Gods, if he knew the whole story, he'd probably kill me. I know you didn't blame me for that fiasco, but I still shudder. It was my plan, and it got you and Maria killed.

I'm sorry, but it bothers me so. We're facing a big fight in the near future. I've never understood the purpose of soldiers, but now we could do with a hundred of Medicia's Condottieri Guards. I digress, though, we have made great strides in our contest. I predict the encroaching horde is chafing under our assaults. Soon they will decide to put down their swords and pick up the plow. Indulge me, fratti, for I am weary and wish for peace.

In our raids we discovered a hatchery of black dragon eggs. I watched a holy man of war, crush a hatchling beneath his heel. I knew that they tend to grow into evil things, but it trusted us with the innocence of a child. I felt sick. So I claimed one of the unhatched eggs and it hatched. 

We are keeping it and the other unhatched eggs in an old grainery that had been infested with rats. Voila, rat problem gone. Also the pigeon problem, mouse problem and cat problem. I took Reyna to the grainery, and we sat and talked about the old days. The little thing is rather fond of me and also seems to becoming friendly with her. After this war is over, we're going to move out into the country and build a place where we can have some space. I have heard a dragon speak and I know this little one will grow to be intelligent. I know what they are capable of. I have experienced worse at thee hands of my fellow man.

So brother, wish me luck. I am going to war with a bright future to fight for. I will be thinking brightly as I deal darkly.

Your clever brother,

Cazzo

No comments:

Post a Comment